From:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deni weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2011 13:40:24 -0600

I am sending this information to anyone I can think of that might be able to disperse this info.  As of a conversation I had to day (1/7/11) with AstraZeneca, Nexium - which was once considered gluten free on their website - is no longer "guaranteed" to be gluten free due to the fact that the sugar spheres used in the product contain starch and they cannot (or will not) disclose the source of the starch as at any given time it could be wheat derived.  It is NOT considered an ingredient as it is an ingredient of an ingredient - so is not listed in the ingredient list.  (Quite interesting.)  I've looked at several websites where Nexium is listed as GF.  This reinforces the information I am finding that due to outsourcing the pharm houses truly have no clue as to what is going into their meds.

Leaves many of us with an interesting dilemma, eh?

deni weber, Psy.D, AET
Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Associate Educational Therapist

*******
*******