From:
KratzmeierFamily <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KratzmeierFamily <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:39:27 -0500

We have two big events (hugh anniversary party and a wedding) coming up
this month and wanted to know how people go about getting a gluten free
meal without bothering the hosts. Do you contact the caterer directly or
is the proper thing to do is to go through the hosts of the event?  In
one case, I don't have a problem doing this but for the other one, I
feel uncomfortable doing so.  Do you bring your own food or just not
eat?   I know at the one event they will have the cheese, crackers,
fruit/vegetable appetizers for guess to munch on until the wedding party
arrives.  Is it safe to assume that the cheeses are GF?  Are there
cheeses that are not GF?  So far I have only given my son Land O Lakes
Cheese.  Any advice on how to handle these events would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Michele