From:
michelle groeper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
michelle groeper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:50:25 -0700

Thanks to everyone who replied (a lot of responses
over the last few days) - you were most helpful!  The
good news is that at these 3 restaurants there are GF
choices.

Cold Stone Creamery - Nobody had any reactions.  One
person was kind enough to forward their response from
the company, here below.

Good news! All our ice creams and frozen yogurts and
sorbets do not contain glutens. Although no foods that
we have in the stores is labeled or specifically
designated as "gluten- free", there are some mix-in's
that don't contain glutens like the fruits (berries,
pineapple) or nuts just by their very nature. By the
way, the caramel and fudge sauces contain oat flour!!
Most of the candies do unless you know which one you
can eat safely. The obvious foods like waffle bowls
and cones, sponge cake, cookie dough and brownies do
contain glutens. Furthermore, in the stores we make no
provisions to avoid contacting any residual glutens
from say a brownie crumb that may remain on the stone
from a previous creation. We do the best we can to
scrape any excess off the stone but there are no
guarantees. If you are very sensitive, kindly
request that the crew person put the ice cream in a
cup with your choice of mix ins on top so that you can
avoid the stone. Again, no absolute guarantees
but they can do that for you. I have been recommending
this for about a year now and I have not received
any emails regarding ill effects.  In fact some have
even responded positively with a thank you.

Culvers - Responses -

Culvers vanilla is gf.  I get it in a dish with a gf
topping like butterfingers.  The burgers are gf but my
daughter always gets sick there so we think there is a
lot of cross contamination.

I had called culvers about 2 years ago they said the
burgers w/out the buns are okay. They use a dedicated
fryer for the french fries. The first time I contacted
them they told me have my Md call. I eat plain
burgers, fries, and vanilla ice cream without a
problem.

Chipotle - Their response (and almost verbatim to
other's who sent me responses from the company)
You should be able to eat everything freely, except
the tortillas used for burritos and the soft flour
tacos.  The crispy tacos are fine, or you  could
try a naked burrito, which is a burrito without the
tortilla. There is no wheat flour in the crispy corn
tacos.  There is no flour in the vegetable shortening
we use in our fryers, and we don't fry anything in
the fryers that contain wheat flour.  The corn chips
and the corn shells are fried in the fryer, and we
don't fry them anywhere else. The cheese is gluten
free.  Our hot red tomatillo salsa does use white
vinegar; and other salsas use lemon juice.  Our
chicken, steak, and barbacoa are seasoned with an
abobada salsa marinade.  There is no gluten or
flour in this."