From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:38:39 -0600

Today we picked up an order to go at our favorite Thai restaurant here in
San Antonio, Texas.   Asia Kitchen happens to have a menu with the gluten
free items marked with a special smiley face. See the menu at
http://www.asia-kitchen.com/ .  The whole family is here for the holidays,
and there are four gf eaters among us.  Asia Kitchen marks each container
with celiac if it is gluten free.

For the first time, I noticed the little individual packets they put in if
someone wants  to add more flavor.  The tiny plastic wrapper actually has a
list of ingredients on it, and none of it sounded like a derivative of
wheat.  For more assurance, I went to the website at  www.kariout.com .
Right in the middle of the home page there is a reference to "gluten free",
so I clicked on that.  Not only is this product gluten free, but they offer
an explanation that includes a print out to hand to the Chinese chef that
explains that you  cannot have wheat or gluten.  It refers to it as an
allergy, but that is close enough to get the message across.

If this company has been mentioned before, I guess I didn't see it.  I
wanted to share this with you.  I plan to write a note to the Kariout
company and praise them for putting this information on the label, and on
the website   This makes an easy way to travel with your own soy sauce.
Happy eating!
Anne Barfield

San Antonio, Texas
www.chickenparadise.com