From:
Joan Wroblewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:30:12 EST

The response for this subject was light.

Only 6 replies. Two were requesting my results from this query.

One reply said "they are probably born with it."

One child was diagnosed at age 12. Another was diagnosed at age 1. Still
another (no age given) was diagnosed two years ago.

I was anxious to know how long it was before diagnosis. My daughter was only
recently diagnosed (blood tests only) but as I look back, she had symptoms for
many years. No one ever even suggested CD. She was hospitalized at one point
at a very young age after severe diarrhea that caused an intussusception.
After a week in the hospital, they said it was "probably" colitis!  It was
only recently that her new doctor at the Down Syndrome Clinic finally put us
on the right track.

Thanks to all who responded. Your comments are really appreciated.........Joan