From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:17:10 -0400

Since there seems to be some controversy in the celiac community about the fries and hashbrowns, I wrote to Mud's (not the first time) and asked if they could tell me:

1.WHY they list wheat in their fries and hashbrowns, because if the source is an alcohol based flavoring or some other ingredient that is processed in a way that destroys the gluten, it makes a difference to me.

2. And, I want to know if this goes back to the discussion of some wheat flavoring in the oil, (that didn't effect me) or did they actually change their formula.

Thanks to our litigious society, you can't get a straight answer out of them. It's all CYA. Here's the gobbly-gook that I got back from them....At least it wasn't an auto-reply....it had typos. It also made no sense.

(Do not send me messages on how unhealthy it is to eat McD's fries or fast food, etc.)

Lin

Hello Linda:

Thank you for contacting McDonald's. I appreciate this opportunity to share some information with you about our menu items.

The nutrition information on our website is derived from testing conducted in accredited laboratories, published resources, or from information provided from McDonald?s suppliers. The nutrition information is based on standard product formulations and serving sizes. All nutrition information is based on average values for ingredients from McDonald?s suppliers throughout the U.S. and is rounded to meet current US FDA NLEA guidelines

Unfortunately, McDonald's does not have a separate list of products that contain gluten.  I understand that you do not want to refer back to our website but, this is where you will find the information you have requested.

Again, Linda, thank you for contacting McDonald's. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the Golden Arches.

Crystal
McDonald's Customer Response Center

ref#:4407290