Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 03:31:19 +0000

Dear Lynn,

This is the mayonnaise that I make for my celiac husband, and now the
whole family uses it:

1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
3 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup of corn oil

Put the first four ingredients in a blender and whiz.  Then with
blender still going, slowly pour in the cup of oil. Refrigerate.

If you're not into garlic you can try other spices to change the
flavor.  Every once in a while the process goes awry and it doesn't
thicken up like real mayonnaise.  I haven't figured out why, but I
think it has to do with pouring the oil in all at once, so I pour it
in slowly and usually it turns out great.

Good Luck!
Cyndee Burgess
Reserve, New Mexico