From:
Debra Berke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:18:30 EDT

My question was "Is liquid smoke gluten free?
Here are the responses I  received:
1) Both Haddon House Regular & Mesquite Liquid Smokes are Gluten  Free. We
have them available at _www.kitch-n-kaffe.com_ (http://www.kitch-n-kaffe.com/)
2) I had a really awful reaction to Liquid Smoke a number of years  ago.  No
gut reaction exactly, but I was so brain fogged within about five  minutes of
ingesting something (that I later learned contained liquid smoke)  that I left
the party and went into the living room to lie down - where I slept  for over
an hour.  I was dumb as a post for the rest of the evening.   A few days
later I tried the same recipe and had the same reaction - needless to  say, I've
never used the stuff again.
3) I don't know that product,  but I have been told that all liquid smoke is
suspect - and have had it  confirmed with other smoked products.  - like
smoked salmon and  bacon.  I always avoid liquid smoke.
4)  I haven't heard of this brand but I know Wright's Liquid Smoke is  GF.

Deb, Newark,  DE