From:
Michelle Forsman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Forsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:36:49 -0700

Hello listmates,

After CC'ing my negative experience post to Applebee's Guest Relations,
I -very surprisingly - got a call from them yesterday.  I obviously
hadn't listed my phone number in my celiac list post so was quite
surprised that they took the initiative to look up my phone number to
contact me.  At most, I thought I would get an e-mail response.

Anyway, they called to tell me that they have been working on a
gluten-free food listing for quite some time and are now finished with
the research involved with that.  The information is not yet ready for
web publishing or put into a format to mail out, but you call Guest
Relations at 1-888-592-7753 and inquire about any menu item.  Yeah!!

The woman I spoke with is referring my problems with our local
restaurant to the franchiser and she said they will also be contacting
me regarding the negative experience.

I got a lot of list response to my previous post, most saying that they
never eat at Applebee's because of past bad experiences, so now that
may be changing for all of us.  I got one response that said he doesn't
eat there because he always gets sick from eating at Applebee's (and I
don't believe he was celiac).  That may be a state health department
issue!

Being able to call (during business hours) is at least one step closer
to safer eating for us at Applebee's.  One step at a time, you know...

Michelle Forsman
"DEAC cat"
Sequim, Washington

Diabetes