Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:53:08 -0600

Due to the specialized machinery used for food manufacturing, different
products are often manufactured on the same machinery.

For instance, I was told by Sun-Rype (Canada) that their 14g bar of
"Fruit To Go" fruit leather was GF but their 37g bar was not GF, even
though both products are made from exactly the same ingredients.

The difference is that the 37 bar was made on a machine that also made
another bar which contained rice crisps (with malt).

I've just been to the website at www.sunrype.ca and it seems they no
longer carry that product.

I was also once told by a chocolate bar manufacturer (can't remember
which one) that the small bars (for halloween) were made on shared
equipment, but the regular size bars were not.  Something else to watch
for....

Janice in Canada.