Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 10:53:30 -0700

My father was discussing my diagnosis with the family
homeopath back home (this is the man that had helped me
manage migraines for years...the same migraines I
havn't had since going GF) and was given the above
mentioned product to send to me. The directions and
ingredients printed on the side of the bottle are as
follows:

Ingredients:  barley 6/12/30x, Corn 6/12/30x, Oat
6/12/30x, Wheat 6/12/30x, 20% alcohol in distilled
water.

Dosage: Normal dose for the 1st week is 2-3 drops in
water T.I.D. Add one drop per dose per week until a
total of ten drops is reached.

The ultimate goal, as it has been relayed to me would
be to train my body to handle small amounts of "The bad
stuff" (as much as eating a single cracker) without
getting sick. This doctor claims that he has a few
celiac patients that use this solution, but I find the
whole idea of it a little sketchy....I've studied the
immune system enough (a microbiology major) to be
worried about the response mine will have to this
stuff.  I can't think of it as a vaccine (which is what
it was likened to...) because those encourage the body
to make antibodies...in our case, the antibodies are
the very things we want to limit, am I not right?

I know that a great many celiacs have stumbled into
alternative healthcare over the course of their
illness/recovery, and I was wondering if anyone out
there had come across this same solution, or one like
it. If so, has anyone had the guts (no pun intended) to
try it out? What was the outcome? For those of you that
havn't come across this product, am I the only one who
finds this to be a bit sketchy?

For those of you that made it to the end of this very
long question, thank you....I don't know what I'd do
without this listserv...it's been a great help over the
last nine months.

--Kristi--

Gotta have that pFunk!

Christine Pfund