From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:33:12 -0400

First, I do not want email on the SCD.  I get email on this even when I
ask for no email on it, so I'm saying that right up front.  If I get such
email I will take appropriate action to stop such emailing.

Does anybody know how to safely end a food reaction with vomiting or
diarrhea?

yesterday i was feeding peanut butter + rice + honey to the squirrels ...
later i was nibbling on a finger, and I got an aroma of peanuts ... oh no!
I thought ...
You know how sometimes smells cling to the fingers even after washing,
little bits get under the fingernails ... Sure enough, I got sick.

And right after it happened I thought, it would be awfully useful to have
a plan for such times, to throw up when you know you've gotten an
allergen, or empty oneself with a laxative if you don't know until you've
gotten sick.

I use milk of magnesia, that is supposed to be good in two ways.  It's a
mild laxative.  Also it's an alkaline salt.  I've heard things about how
the woozy feelings and sometimes postnasal drip I get from food reactions,
can come from acidosis, so the alkaline salt might help.  But the milk of
magnesia has never done anything to turn off food reactions for me.

I've already heard about the homeopathic remedy for food reactions.

Anything I use shouldn't have ingredients that have trace amounts of
allergens.  I'm gluten intolerant but I also have
reactions to really tiny amounts of a lot of common foods.  Corn, legumes
- like soy, and the peanuts, fish and other foods are like that.  I don't
want to take some product to end a food reaction and get even sicker from
trace corn in it, or trace legumes, or trace dairy ... etc. etc.

Hopefully something safe, too.  Probably there are a lot of toxic things
that induce vomiting.

So tell me how you end gluten reactions!

Laura