From:
Rick B Schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:42:53 -0600

Well, fellow listmates, I know I'm going to be opening up the floodgates
of division with this subject, but here goes with my opinion on rotation
diets.

If it's true that foods need to be rotated or you become allergic to
certain ones that are eaten routinely, then why are people of other
countries who eat the same foods day in and day out not having allergies
to them? For instance, the Japanese and Chinese make rice a daily staple
in most cases. Do they have significant problems with allergies to rice?
I've never heard of that being the case. The Russians and Irish eat a lot
of potatoes. Problem?

My grandmother lived to be 89, healthy as can be until age took it's
toll. She ate the same thing for breakfast as far back as I can remember.
Pretty well stayed with the same foods during the rest of her meals,
also. Boring, maybe, but never caused her a single day of food allergy.

So, since I am a celiac and can't do wheat or gluten, I'm planning on
having my rice or potato each day. If I "come down" with an allergy to
them, I'll let you know.

Stay tuned......

Good health to you all! Christie in TX