From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:08:52 EST

I've been bothered for the past ten days with an eye irritation, which my eye
doctor attriuted last Friday to "dry eyes".    Just a few minutes ago, while
clearing my desk, I came upon a newsletter from the Gluten Intolerance Group
of No. America, dated August 1995.  It mentions Sjogren's Syndrome, and it
seems to talk about my eye!  I tried to get more info from my medical books,
and none of them has any mention of Sjogren's Syndrome.  So I'd appreciate any
info from you folk about it--including any publications.  My symptoms include:
redness along one side of the eye, soreness when lid over the redness is
touched, sensitivity to light during eye examination, and some blurriness
which come and go.  Does any of the symptoms sound familiar to you?  Do they
go away in time?   This is very scary for me, as I am deaf, and 100% dependent
on visual cues in communication.  Anything you can tell me about it would be
very much appreciated.

Mildred Oberkotter, NYC