Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:49:45 EST

Hi everyone-
Thought I would post this recipe. These are great holiday cookies!
No one will ever know they are Gluten free!

          Pecan sandies

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP gf vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups GF flour blend (I use Bette Hagman's)
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup very finely chopped pecans
powdered sugar for rolling

Sift together both flours and xanthan gum.  Cream butter. Add powdered sugar,
then vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture. Beat for atleast two minutes. Stir in
pecans.  Chill dough for atleast 1 hour.  Roll into 1 inch balls (or a little
smaller) and bake at 400 for 7-8 minutes. Do not let them brown! When they
come out of the oven, carefully roll in powdered sugar. When completely cool,
roll in powdered sugar again and store in airtight container.

These are so good! The flavor even improves after a couple days.

Enjoy!

Wendy