From:
Frances Greezicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 05:41:29 -0400

    This is my first post, so bear with me if I screw things up.

     Re taking a gluten challenge - I have been a diabetic for 17 years,  was
diagnosed with Charcot's joint (bone disease) 2 yrs ago, and originally IBS
10 yrs.  The CD diagnosis was done by biopsy 4 mos ago at Johns Hopkins Bay
View.  (I was too dumb to say no.  But I really didn't mind the test except
for the horrid liquid)  I have begun to wonder if all the diseases are not
interrelated.  Also, has anyone heard of a connection to lupus (common in my
family).  Anyway, after having gas, etc. problems on the GF diet, I decided
to challenge my system with McD's quarterpounder with cheese (mostly b/c I
love them).  Well, no reaction!!!  Is it possible that I can treat CD like I
do diabetes and VERY OCCASIONALLY go off my diet??

   PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ON THIS.  Also, I would be interested in lunching,
etc. with other CD sufferers in the Baltimore area.  If you're interested,
please reply privately.