From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:41:14 -0400

Here is a summary of my recent post on Citrucel, which contains a "trace"
amount of gluten and it was suggested by my nurse practitioner that I
continue to take it regularly.  Thanks to all who recommended other
laxatives and to all who responded stating not to ingest any gluten at all.
Recommendations for laxatives: Solgar Psyllium Husks Fiber, Mettamucil, use
small amounts of pure psyllium husks from WalMart, Perdiem, Target Brand
unflavored vegetable laxative, prune juice, Karo Syrup, lots of water, rice
bran muffins with raisins or prunes, flax seeds, aloe vera juice.
According to one poster who has GF book from Stokes Pharmacy, the following
are GF: Colace, Fibercon, Mettamucil-original and smooth textures,
Phillip's Milk of Magnesia, . Another poster suggested GF licorice.  I am
not endorsing any of the above, just passing along the information.
Thanks.  Karen from Central NY, USA