From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 21:52:04 -0700

Forgive me again.  I had saved my first message and wanted to add more
to it.  Somehow, when I logged on once, it was sent automatic.  That
wasn't my intention.  I hadn't finished it and it's been very hectic
around my household since to rectify the problem.  So, I'll try to pick
up where I left off.  I also haven't read any replies/questions yet.
I'll post this first and then try to get those.

Universal Studios

We didn't really eat much at Universal.  We did have the turkey legs and
Dippin Dots.  Universal and Islands of Adventures has a restaurant area
in front of both theme parks.  Motown was recommended by several people,
but when we tried to eat there for lunch, all they had was a buffet.  (A
lot of fried items) So, we passed.  On that day, we ate at
Margaritaville.  (Somehow, I feel like I've written this before.  I
can't find where I've sent it, so forgive me if this is a duplicate)  My
son had a steak, potatoes and veggies.

Islands of Adventures

We ate at a restaurant called "Mythos" in the Land of Adventure.  My son
had salmon and asparagus.  Delicious and the waiter and chef were very
helpful.  However, we went during a busy hour.  I would try going at a
less hectic time.  I think we ate at 1:00.  Keeping in mind we were
there during Spring Break.  (WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!!)

While there, I had also checked with a place in Jurassic Park at Thunder
Falls Terrace.  If my memory serves me correctly, the chicken and corn
on the cob sounded o.k.  I think it's best to go around 10:00 to talk to
the chef at a place like this.  Mythos is a fancier restaurant and
you'll get better service from the chef.  Thunder Falls Terrace is like
a cafeteria style and it would be harder to ask questions during lunch
hour.

Now for a couple of local restaurants.

We ate at Fish Bones, which I've heard is popular in that area.  My son
had the local grouper and stated he still prefers salmon.  (My husband
had excellent grouper at the Brown Derby in MGM)  He also had some
vegetables.  Fish Bones is on Sand Lake, a popular road that runs
between International Dr. and Universal Dr.

On International Dr., we ate at Boston Lobster feast.  This was an easy
place to eat (if you like seafood) as most of the items are boiled.
(Maybe a little on the cheesy side, but if sufficed)  My son was in
heaven.

We stayed at the Sheraton's Vistana Villages, which had a kitchen.  We
went shopping and I had had some items shipped from the GF Pantry.  So,
a couple of nights we ate in.

My life is still hectic, but when I get a chance, I'll copy send a
message of all the messages sent to me when I first asked for info.  I
hope this info helps anyone going to that area.

Looking forward to our Celiac Walk this weekend in La Jolla.  It's a
revelation for our celiac community.  Thanks Danna

Sidona