From:
Tricia Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tricia Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:11:21 -0400

Hi there,

Thought you all might be interested to know that according to information provided to the FDA The Draft Revised Codex Standard for Foods for Special Dietary Use for Persons Intolerant to Gluten was accepted unchanged as an official standard by the Codex Alimentarius Commission at the 31st session held this past June 30 to July 5, 2008. The new standard has yet to be posted on the Codex website. A link to the draft standard is posted on my website www.glutenfreedietitian.com in the newsletter section under Codex Standard for Gluten-Free Foods. I would post the link here but it is long and would inevitably come out jumbled. When the new standard is available online I will post the link.

Thanks,

Tricia

Tricia Thompson, MS, RD
The Gluten-Free Dietitian
Author: The Gluten-Free Nutrition Guide
Co-author: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Gluten-Free Eating
Manchester, Massachusetts
www.glutenfreedietitian.com