From:
scott adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 19:56:54 -0800

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a page on my celiac Website which lists all the
alcoholic beverages which are safe for celiacs. I am requesting that anyone
on the list with such information please send me copy personally
([log in to unmask]), and post in on the list as well. Please send me only
infomation which has been verified with the manufacturer. For example, in
Mexico for a beverage to be called tequila it only has to contain 51%
tequila. Most tequilas, incuding Jose Quervo, can and are, regularly mixed
with other cheaper distilled spirits (usually rum) up to 49%! Only tequilas
which say they are made of 100% agave (Sauza and Tres Generationes make such
tequilas) are true tequilas. In any case, you get the idea. Also, please
include any inforamation you have regarding beer. There was a post a while
ago that said that Negra Modelo was made without barley or wheat. I'm not
sure if this is true or not, but if you have such information, please share
it with me and the others on the list.

Thanks!

Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac Disease Website: