From:
Kathryn Djordjevic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathryn Djordjevic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 2015 22:44:08 +0800

Here is a summary of tips for dining while in China

   - First, it is not easy to find gluten free food in China
   - You can eat the rice and vegetables and fruit, cheeses and yogurts
   - Soy sauce is used in so many of the dishes and also wheat for
   dumplings.
   - The big hotels serve some more western cuisine which might be a better
   option.
   - Be careful eating street food since it's harder to figure our the
   ingredients and language barriers may be more apparent if you don't have
   anyone with you who speaks Mandarin or Cantonese
   - It's difficult to get substitutions so use the attached card to help
   communicate your Celiac disease and the staff will be in a better position
   to tell you what you can and can't have
   - There may be instances where soy sauce may even be included in the
   chicken before cooking.  This will be hard to determine so be careful with
   this one
   - often items are breaded with cornstarch over wheat so do check that if
   you're getting something fried

Safe travels

PS:  Thank you very much to those who provided me with this valuable
information.  I'm heading home tomorrow and for the most part I can able to
manage very well