From:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:19:28 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I received the following from a listmember and I think it is worth sharing.   It certainly doesn't bode well for eating GF at Bob Evans.

Barbara in Missouri

"Thought you would be interested.......

I had an extensive conversation with Mr. Tim Lawlis , Director of Technical Services for Bob Evans. I informed him of the malt vinegar and questioned many other ingredients. He said that none of the questionable ingredients have been researched nor does he plan on researching them. He stated that by supplying the ingredients lists, I should be able to determine for myself whether I can eat it or not. I told him that he needs to remove the Title "No Wheat, Rye, Barley" from the top of this list as this implies that these items have been checked. After a very lengthy conversation, he advised that they do not guarantee anything in their restaurant to be GF and will not provide a GF list because formulations change. I told him that sending this list out to a newly diagnosed celiac can have devastating results and please remove the title and let people decide for themselves if it is worth the risk. Although he listened and was very nice, I would never eat there with the corporate attitude of not wanting to accommodate people with food restrictions. "