Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:38:47 -0500

Dapsone users (past and present)

I have been prescribed Dapsone by my gastroenterologist. Luckily for me he
was familiar with DH, but not familiar with dosage, etc.

Right now I am taking 25mg twice daily.

Question: What dosages do you take? (amount and frequency please) E-mail
straight to me, not list.
  Please include any changes in dosage, frequency, and duration... (Ex: 50 mg
twice daily for 6 months, then down to 25mg twice daily for next six, then
off....)
While my main interest in asking this is info for my doctor, I'll be happy to
summarize responses incase someone else is curious or needs the same info.

Also, for those more medically knowledgeable, what type of drug is Dapsone
and how does it work? (I noticed on Rx info sheet it is also prescribed for
leprosy??!) Not only has my DH and itching decreased, so has my eczema, the
splitting at the corners of my mouth, and my skin is softer. Did the Dapsone
do ALL that?

Thanks,

Jennifer
Houston