From:
Joseph Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:58:45 -0600

I routinely advise patients that family members should be screened for
celiac disease.   One group of relative that seem to have a hard time
with agreeing to being tested are the teenage children of celiacs.
I would appreciate it if those of you who have dealt with this issue for
any insights on how to help these teenager decide and accept celiac
disease testing.
Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated

Joseph A Murray, MD
Coordinator, Celiac Disease Clinic,
Associate Professor of Medicine,
Division of Gastroenterology/Hepatology,
University of Iowa,
200 Hawkins Drive,
Iowa City, IA 52242