From:
Theresa Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:11:55 EST

I received 6 notes from people that said Amaretto is GF.

I received 4 notes saying Baileys is GF with one saying no it wasn't.  The
following was sent to me from Bailey's web site:

From www.baileys.com "FAQs"

Q.
10. I am allergic to Gluten/Egg/Lactose/Nuts does Baileys contain
Gluten/Egg/Lactose/Nuts?

A.
Gluten:  Please be advised that the whiskey used in Baileys is
manufactured by fermenting grain which contains Gluten. Due to the
presence of gluten in the whiskey components before distillation we
cannot absolutely guarantee that there are no effects to celiacs As
we are not qualified to give medical advice persons requiring a gluten
free diet must consult their medical adviser before consuming Baileys.

My comment on this though is that from what I have learned whiskey although
contains gluten in its origin, it becomes GF through the distillation process.
I would surmise then that Baileys should be GF.

Thank you