From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 07:06:36 -0500

Recently I asked the group if anyone had been able to get a response from
Nature's Plus Source of Life Vitamins.  One of the ingredients is "young
barley grass".  Every other ingredient sounded safe but that one.  When I
have tried to contact them, they never returned my e-mail or phone message
that I left.  I did receive a canned response by e-mail that said I should
call their 800 number, which I had already done, only to be told to leave a
message and they would get back to me.  So far, they have not.

One of the people who read my post said that she had had the same
frustrations with this company, but finally did get through to them.  She
was interested in their children's vitamins.  Here is what they told her....
"So I called them, did get someone on the phone who said that the gummies
are

not gluten free although their non-gummy version of Animal Parade is gluten

free. What she said is unless it specifically says gluten free on the label,

then it does contain gluten. They would put gluten free on anything that
is."

I have concluded that I will not use the Source of Life vitamins, and have
found a new product to use.  When I asked for suggestions there were a few
concern food items, but do not yet apply to supplements.  As one respondant
said, "Buyer Beware!".  At this point, there are plenty to choose from that
have GF on the labels, but it is suggested that you contact the company to
determine if they are actually aware of what this really means.

I got a recommendation from my homeopathic MD for Perque2 Life Guard, and
have been using it for about one week.  You can find more information about
this product on their website at www.perque.com .

Anne Barfield
www.chickenparadise.com
210 340-0648