From:
Anna Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 22:43:59 EST

I have a (self-diagnosed intolerance/allergy to wheat and corn).  A recent
post mentioned duodenitis, which I looked up on the internet but didn't find
symptoms, only photos and descriptions.  Over the holidays I had a bout of
terrible upper chest (under ribs) and back pain, combined with indigestion.
Kept me up in the middle of the night for three hours one night (until I
upchucked) and an hour or so the next.  No nausea but did throw up the first
nite after an aspirin, several Tums and some bicarbonate of soda.

Had blood test for h. pylori, which was negative.  In meantime was put on
Prilosec, which seemed to help immensely.  Vague pains continue and have sort
of settled into my upper left abdomen.  I can spend some more money (no
insurance) and be checked for gall bladder but am choosing to wait it out,
and have stopped taking the Prilosec since I have an aversion to pill-taking
and it made me really thirsty.

For several weeks before this incident, I had been having extreme chills
every afternoon, usually after a meal.  No fever.  Just chills and cold hands
and feet.  Only way to get warm was to take a hot shower or go to bed and
pile on the comforters for about an hour.  My thyroid level tested o.k.

Any idea what's going on here?  Are these symptoms of:

1.  ingesting wheat? (my previous symptoms were itching, anxiety, diahrea).
2.  celiac-caused duodenitis?

Has anyone else had recurring chills without fever?

Anna

I also take thyroid replacements and Prempro.