From:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 21:42:05 -0700

Here's my latest "creation" -a recipe for lemon bars. (this is my own
creation - not from a cookbook)  It's really good.  Although I think it
would be even better if you increased the lemon juice.  But then you
would need to adjust the flour to accomodate.  It wasn't as lemony but
the texture and flavor is really yummy.

Lemon Squares:

2 cups of gf cake mix (I used Glutanos white cake mix)
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup gf flour (I used Bette Haggeman's featherlight mix)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Confectioner's sugar

Combine cake mix, margarine and confectioners' sugar to form crust.
Press into a 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Mix together
the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, gf flour and baking powder.  Pour over the
baked crust.  Bake about 25 minutes at 350.  Sprinkle with
confectioners' sugar while still warm.  Cut into squares.

Enjoy!

Jill/Texas