From:
Jennifer Rafferty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Rafferty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:50:41 -0400

Thank you to all who responded to my post. Here are some of the responses I
received:

 Here are some of the responses I recieved from people:

http://glutenfreedietitian.com/newsletter/?page_id=14 (useful website that
lists dieticians in each state)

Cathy L. Ficalora, MS, RD, CDN, CDE. Queens Long Island Medical Center. 300
Bayshore Road North, Babylon, New York 11703. 631-586-2700 ext. 6599
(office). 631-422-2071 (private practice). [log in to unmask] Cathy is a
registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator. In addition to
individual counseling, she conducts group education classes. She also has a
private practice Nutrition Alternatives.

The nutritionist I have used and really like is Mary Beth Augustine at the
Continuum Center for Health and Healing (part of Beth Israel and some other
hospitals and combines standard and alternative medicine).  The phone number
is 646-935-2257.  Address:
245 Fifth Ave. at 28th St.
New York N.Y. 10016
If you are not familiar with New York City, this is a much more convenient
location if you are coming from Brooklyn than is Columbia-Presbyterian where
Ann Lee is.  I do not know what health insurances Mary Beth accepts.  Your
brother could call the number and find out.

You might contact one of the local support groups for information.  There
are also several meet-up groups in your area.  Joining one of these groups
could be very helpful and informative. http://celiacdisease.meetup.com/89/

http://celiacdisease.meetup.com/1/

http://www.westchesterceliacs.org/

I actually see Anne Lee and we just saw her last Thursday as a matter of
fact! Up until January 1st I had Empire blue cross/shield PPO and it was
accepted. Now we are on POMCO and they said at Columbia that they didn't
know if they accepted it but I called the insurance company and they were
able to confirm that Dr. Kazlow and Ann Lee are covered and participating.
So, maybe call the insurance company!

Melanie Sherman, MS RD CDN
917-374-1507
Sorry - i don't know about what insurance she takes, but she does have
experience with celiac and food allergies

Many people also see Anne Lee and pay out of pocket. Her rate is somewhere
between $125-$175.

Thanks again to all who responded!

~Jenn

*******