From:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick LeTourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:13:47 -0400

Fellow listmates...

I am very confused. I checked the archives and they made me even more
confused. Many people on this list have been searching for gluten free
shampoo and soap, etc to avoid absorption of gluten through the pores,
thus bringing on the effects of CD or DH. Somebody recently said that
the molecular size of the gluten molecules will not allow them to pass
through the skin as some patches do.

I asked my dermatologist about this and he said the offending gluten
must be ingested to cause problems. Shampoo and soap won't have any
effect. Tonight, a friend mentioned a seminar at the largest and most
reputable medical center in the area, which was concerned with the
effects on the skin (and internally) caused by external gluten.

Does anybody have the straight scoop on this?. I have both conditions
and my head is spinning, not from gluten, but from so much conflicting
information.

Dick in CT