From:
Jim Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 12:54:35 -0500

I am one of the CELIAC listowners.  We've had some diabetes-related
discussions recently on the CELIAC list.  While there is some
connection between Type I diabetes and celiac disease, it only affects
a minority of the CELIAC list members.

I'd like to suggest that discussions concerning both diabetes (either
Type I or Type II) and celiac disease be moved to one of our sister
lists:  CELIAC-DIABETES.  There you will find others dealing with both
conditions.

To subscribe to the CELIAC-DIABETES e-mail list, send a message containing
the following line to [log in to unmask]:

   SUBSCRIBE CELIAC-DIABETES Firstname Lastname

(Of course, you should replace "Firstname Lastname" with your actual
name.)

Naturally, we'd like you to also remain on the CELIAC e-mail list and
to be involved in any discussions regarding celiac disease and the
gluten-free diet.  This gives you the best of both worlds:  A large
audience for all your celiac-related posts; and a smaller, more-focused
audience for your discussions involving both celiac disease and
diabetes.

The same listowners that run the CELIAC list also run the CELIAC-DIABETES
list.  Questions and concerns regarding the CELIAC list should be sent to
the listowners at [log in to unmask]; for the
CELIAC-DIABETES list [log in to unmask] is
the address to use.

-- Holly, Michigan, USA --