From:
Leila Huhman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leila Huhman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:11:54 -0800

I have my first appt tomorrow with a gastroenterologist.  I read that
biopsies are now outdated with the new stool tests.  Is this true and how
hard should I argue with him if he insists?
I am new here and everyone has been so helpful!  I was diagnosed by
Enterolab, and my GP questioned the results saying a few antibodies didn't
mean I have celiac disease.  Is there a searchable archives for this
listserve so I can research this?   ( I also had 2 copies of the DQ2 gene.
My anti transglutaminase was 10 and the normal is less than 10, fecal fat
561 normal less than 300.
Since gluten makes me sick, I don't plan to eat any and don't see why I
would need a biopsy.
Leila Huhman