From:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Metius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:53:09 -0800

  I made this Angel Food Cake for my son's birthday. We all loved it. It is so easy so make. I put Cool Whip and strawberries on it. It came out tall and beautiful. You can also break it up and use as a truffle cake with various puddings, cool whip, berries, etc.

      ANGEL FOOD CAKE – GF     Easy & Delicious!!   Keith’s B.D Cake

   14 large egg whites (1 c)
   1/2 c cornstarch
   1/2 tsp salt
   1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
   1 c powdered sugar
   1/2 c potato starch
   2/3 c sugar
   2 tsp. almond extract-no lemon)
  ****  Egg whites must be at room temp. Sift together: 10X sugar, flour & cornstarch. Measure sugar & keep handy.  Place in large glass bowl: egg whites, cream of tartar, salt & lemon peel. W/ mixer on high, beat until mixture is well blended. Continue to beat, adding the sugar slowly. Beat just until sugar is dissolved & whites form stiff peaks. Gently fold in flour & 10X sugar mixture about one-fourth at a time, folding just enough so the flour disappears. Pour batter into ungreased tube pan & cut through to break any air bubbles. Bake 35 min at 375°, or until tops springs back when
  lightly touched. Remove from oven & invert pan to cool cake.  Remove cake only when completely cool.

  another great recipe for angel food cake that we love:

  Coffee Toffee Torte

  Angel food cake cut into 3 layers
  2 Heath or Skor Bars

  Topping: Whipped Cream or Large Cool Whip (12-16 oz.)
                    1 ˝ Tbs. instant coffee
                    1 small pkg. chocolate pudding (NOT instant)
                    1 1/3 c. milk

  In saucepan,  pudding, instant coffee and milk. Cook until thick, stirring often.  Let cool.
  Mix  into pudding ˝ tub of cool whip. Frost the middle two layers with some of this.
  Mix remaining cool whip into remaining pudding mixture. Use this to frost sides and top of cake. Crush candy and sprinkle over top of cake.

  Can also cut up cake and layer with pudding, cool whip to make a torte.
  I have also made tortes out of Angel Food cake, vanilla pudding, cool whip and cut up bananas layered.

  There are all delicious and very easy recipes. My son and I are so happy we have a delicious and easy Angel Food Recipe.

  Enjoy!
  Sandy