From:
kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 21:00:08 -0700

Dear Friends,

Thanks  for your help. I am gradually learning and healing. All of the
posts were informative and instructive, so I have included many here
only slightly edited. Much knowledge and experience is represented that
may be of help to others.

joy!

Mary

_____________________________________

try milk thistle....start with 2 a day, then build adding one more per
week until 6,,,,stay on that for 2 months, decrease back slowly to 2 to
maintain.  There are liver cleansing diets.

Get thee to an accupuncturist!  can really help Also try magnesium
citrate...one pill before bed to make sure you tolerate it....can cause
frequent trip to the john...not diarrhea.

I am currently doing both together.....not taking together, though...

______________________________

Before I received my diagnosis a couple of months ago, my naturopath had
me do liver cleanse.  I had similar symptoms to yours.  We started with
a low dose of the cleanse powder and I was fine. Then we gradually
increased it and by the time I hit the full dose, I became very sick.
My celiac manifests itself most visibly through depression and anxiety.
The liver cleanse caused me to be so depressed that I couldn't get off
the couch and I felt dizzy and flu-ish.  I also have multiple food intolerances.

____________________________________

Are you familiar with a TV program called Your Health with Doug Kaufmann
on Family Net?   He also has a book The Fungus Link. ( The book can only
be ordered from his office.  I have no connection.

Phone 972-772-0990.  www.iknowthecause.com/index.htlm I happen to agree
with him that our problems are more than just being sensitive to wheat
and gluten.  Fungus and it's by- product may  be another source that is
polluting our weakened immune systems..

Mary, I just ready your message about your very limited diet.  We are
all different, but I had a number of food sensitivities (as well as
air born pollens and fumes from cars, perfume, molds, etc.) and
decided to try NAET - Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Treatment -
just to see if I could expand my diet and make life a little easier.
Much to my amazement, all of my allergies were treated and are
permanently gone...no pain, no shots, no pills and potions.  I can't
say enough about this strange acupuncture or acu-pressure form of
treatment.  Look it up on your computer...I think WWW.NAET.COM will
get you there, otherwise do a search for NAET.  There will be a
listing of practitioners by State and then City - and as you are in
California you should be able to find someone near your home.  Make
sure you get someone trained by Dr. Nambudripad and not some
charlatan.  I can't say enough good things about the change in my
life - and I have five friends here in Ithaca, New York, who are also
singing praises for the relief it has brought them.  If you can find
an MD or a chiropractor or some other doctor who is also trained in
NAET, the treatments will be covered by medical insurance.

__________________________-
go to www.sensiblehealth.com and read it.

Your fatigue may be caused by your environment,,,dust, mold, etc.
especially if you are blood type O...check out www.dadamo.com..maybe
read his books.  Churches are the worst place for mold.  The
air-conditioning is turned off and the mold builds up in the vents, then
it is turned on and blows the mold into the environment.  All those
people yawning, sleeping in church are allergic to mold.  Stay away from
cleaning stuff, pesticides, insecticides, etc.  Buy a bulb of fresh
garlic...it is good for killing mold and bacteria...eat it with your
food if you can tolerate it...OR...mince a bulb into a small jar...store
in the refrigerator...take it out and sniff/inhale the fumes...it will
kill some of the bad stuff and give you energy...it may even trigger a
bowel movement. Clean up your environment and keep your surroundings
well ventilated.....with allergies everything is suspect.  Good luck

________________________________

I can't offer much help to you except to say cleansing the liver is a
powerful thing.  I have read a book that said it is best to cleanse your
other organs of elimination FIRST, so that when you do the major cleanse
on the liver, and all the junk gets dumped out for the other systems to
handle, you don't feel as sick.

Suggestions were:  do several weeks of kidney cleansing (like parsley
tea or juice or tincture, hydrangea extract, and other things which
strengthen the kidneys and dissolve any potential stones, so your
kidneys can filter and excrete at optimal levels.

Exfoliate the skin on your body &/or take saunas or other hydrotherapy
or sweating exercises so that your pores are open and clear, since the
skin can also participate in overall detoxing.

Take care of your colon (now this is essential for Celiacs and others
with food allergies like us, and inflammatory bowel diseases, etc.)
Have regular BM's (once or twice a day, something I'm still working on!)
drink lots of water, take fiber if you have to, try colonics or other
naturopathic therapies.  Digestion and elimination should not be painful
or very uncomfortable, but should happen without much ado.

THEN

Work on the liver.  My doc has tried it both ways (slow and gradual
liver detox, like you're doing, and also powerful and quicker detox...
powerful stuff gives me migraines, so we stay with slow and subtle).

Once I ate a small bowl of lightly cooked dandelion greens (which are
EXELLENT for the liver) and that night, woke up with a fever & also felt
"flu-like," as you said!  I still eat the greens, but I toss only a few
in with something like spinach.

_____________________________________________------ Mary, the new
supplement, SAM-e, is very good for the liver, as well as being the most
used anti-depressive in Europe (better they say than any of the Prozac
derivatives  but never never for bipolar), and also excellent for
osteoarthritis. And it has no bad side effects at all. ...Sure works on
my arthritis and works beautifully on my friends, and my son's, simple
depression. -vance

Hi.  Patience is definitely in order here.  Just simply by not putting
allergens into your body, your liver will be able to start cleansing
itself with no other intervention.  I have trouble using much citrus
juice.  It can be very allergenic-and also it can cause the growth of
yeast in your gut which can cause diarrhea. You might want to look up
remedies for yeast in the gut and try some of those to see if that's
your problem.  If you were undiagnosed for long, it wouldn't surprise
me.  And also, remember that Dr.

Murray (www.celiac.com) says it can take up to 7 years to completely
heal the body once on a gluten free diet, as it takes that long to
replace all the body cells with all the correct building blocks which
were not available when last built.

So, patience, patience, patience.   Helen in Idaho

I do a full detox once or twice a year.  I am currently on one now - I
haven't had chocolate since Easter, which is pretty amazing for me!  I
always do it under the supervision of a naturopath.  This time, because
of all the stress I was under from finishing my PhD, I also have to deal

with a "leaky gut".  Because of this, I am finding that I can't tolerate

the full strength detox and can only do it half strength - it just means

I do it for a longer period of time.  I am using UltraClear plus.  I
find that I feel REALLY ill for the first day or two when my liver
happily dumps everything into my bloodstream, but after that I feel
pretty good and even hungry.  I do find that detoxes cause stuff to come

out of my skin and scalp, so you might find that your hair changes
during a detox or you may get whiteheads or oily skin (normally my hair
and skin are quite dry).  I think you are on the right track - if some
lemon juice is all you can tolerate right now, then keep it up.
 Remember that lemon juice is also a diuretic (the same dose you are
taking is recommended for PMS bloating), so this may be why you are
experiencing the bladder problems.

Take care of yourself - if you have only been gf for a month, you have a

long way to go.  You will need those rest periods, but make sure you
start some walking as well - my naturopath says that people with gluten
problems have a tendancy to become chronically fatigued and adding some
exercise to your routine may help with both the tiredness and the weight

loss.  Just don't over do it.  Good luck and I hope you feel more
energetic soon!