From:
Eve Thorburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:26:39 -0600

Dear Members:

I have two requests.  First please write to Diane Sawyer, ABC News
PrimeTIME Live, 147 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023 and request
Prime Time do a segment on Celiac.  My request to her emphasized the
need for more clarification on labels.  This would not only help
celiacs, but a lot of other people who have food allergies.  My response
back was I'd be contacted if they decided to do a show.  I assumed this
was a kiss-off, but if enough people show interest, perhaps they would
be convinced.

Second, please contact your local TV station and request a segment
during the month of October--National Celiac Education Month.  In my
hometown, the local news does a Health Update once a week.  I've ordered
some copies of "Sully's Living Without" and I plan to contact the person
who does Health Update and give her a copy of the magazine with the
article from Dr. Murray marked with a yellow post-it.

Even if we bomb out on Prime Time, it will educate them a little to this
hard to diagnose disease and perhaps sometime they will add it.  Since
we missed Ophra, we need to try some other national coverage.  I think
we have a good chance of getting something on our local stations and
since this list covers the USA and more, what an impact even if only
some of them did it in October.

Has anyone tried ABC's 20-20 or Dateline?

                                Eve