From:
Mardena Waller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:35:30 -0500

Hi List:

For those of you traveling to the Ojai/Santa Barbara/Ventura area, we found a
great new restaurant; very small, very casual, very friendly, celiac aware,
gluten/casein-free aware, kid friendly!

The Farmer and the Cook has a wonderful salad bar, and hot soups that are
delicious!!! I had a gfcf spinach soup that was great!  Everything is organic
and fresh that day, and all soups homemade.  All organic produce is grown by
the owners.  Ask to speak to Olivia or Steve if you want to ask questions
about what you can eat.  They told me that most of their customers avoid
dairy products, but that they understand celiac concerns, and mostly have
corn products.  All the ingredients are listed on the gf soups, and other
foods, as well.

DIRECTIONS to The Farmer and the Cook: 339 W. El Roblar, Meiners Oaks. From
#101, take #33 to Ojai, left at Vons, left on El Roblar, then 3 blocks past
Jolly Kone on the left side of the street.

Open Mon-Sat 8am-7pm.

Happy healthy gfcf eating!!!!

Mardena