Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:25:04 -0800

I originally asked people which supplement they would use if they could
only afford one.  I wanted to find out what's really important to celiacs
in the hope that it may be beneficial to some of the newbees among us.
Valerie in Tacoma
----------------------------
I take Gastrocort II, which contains vitamin E, N-Acetyl-D-Glucosomine,
L-Glutamine, Quercetin, and Rutin made by AllergyResearchGroup. I take 2
pills twice a day and if I mistakenly eat something to which I am
intolerant I'll take a few more.  The L-Glutamine helps my intestines
function properly and reduces reactions.

I'm going to add a second thing.  My main celiac symptom was depression
and anxiety, which decreased significantly after I went GF.  However, I
now get weekly vitamin B6, B complex, and folic acid injections.  These
have virtually eliminated any depression symptoms I had left.
----------------------------
It would be my stomach acid/digestive enzyme complex -- Thorne Bio-Gest.
Without this product I can't digest or absorb the nutrients from my foods
or other supplements.  It prevents heartburn, indigestion, gas and
bloating.  And, I haven't developed any more food allergies since I
started taking it.  Before I started using Bio-Gest it seemed like I was
finding a new food allergy every few weeks.  So it's a number one
must-have for me.
----------------------------
Without a doubt, Natren's probiotics...........
---------------------------
For me it would have to be Calcium. This is for this point and time in my
life right now.
Oxygenic B by NutriSpec ---  Oxygenic B is a dietary supplement made by
Nutri Spec.  It is not a B
supplement the B stands for basic.  It contains vitamin A, C, D, E, B6,
B12, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Biotin, minerals etc.   Patti
Vitamin C--500 mg Timed Release variety....It seems seems to shrink the
sinus menbranes & reduces sinus problems.  I've managed to skip the usual
sinus infections for over a year now this year!  Bev in Milwaukee

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!