From:
"Barfield, Betty" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barfield, Betty
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 17:18:14 -0500

Summary of Posters:

Wild Oats Market on Montana.  Santa Monica Food Co-op on Broadway.
There are Whole Foods nearby in West LA on San Viocente and on National
Blvd.

Co-op has a great deli with take-out stuff. Most restaurants in the area
(especially the better ones) are accommodating - they're used to picky
people. For quicker meals - Souplantation on San Vicente (a giant
soup/salad bar) is always sone of my favorites - healthy, fresh and
simple, and there's always at least one safe soup (just ask the help for
the ingredient list for any soup that looks interesting).

whole foods on wilshire and 23rd, there's  a wild oats, i think on
wilshire and about 5th or so, another on montana and about 15th.  also
great is the food co-op on broadway and about 23rd or 26th or something.

try eating at juliano's raw, it's right around the Promenade and have
many items designated gf.  there's also a pf chang's.

We ate at the Moby Dick's restaurant at the end of the Santa Monica Pier
and it was GREAT!!  They knew what gf was and we didn't have any
problems at all.  I had steak, shrimp cocktail, salad, and baked potato.

In Beverly Hills:  a carry out place on Beverly Blvd.  called Solar
Harvest that has a gf carry out menu which changes everyday.  there is
also a Chipotle nearby (you can get the burrito bowl).  there is also a
Chipotle and PF Changs in the Beverly Center on La Cienega Blvd.

In Santa Monica there is a PF Changs.  In Burbank there is an Outback.
In LA, there is Tony Romas.  In Santa Monica there is Wild Oats, which
has the most decent selection of gf foods that I have found.

Betty/TX