Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:04:51 -0000

On 19 Jan 00, at 21:10, Dianne Kolb wrote:

> Curious to how many people have mood swings and nerves problems with
> cd. = Does come on maybe for a few days and then you feel okay for
> awhile. = Also have low blood sugar, thyroid, and cd. I am on
> medicine. But was = wandering if others have similar problems.

My own 2C's worth on this is that we ought to be careful, in our search for
more understanding of our condition, not to be too ready to ascribe to CD a
number of things which may not be at all connected. It seems to me that if
you're not well physically - from whatever cause -  you're going to
experience mood swings. I also suffer from hypoglycaemia, and until
recently was for a long time, on a relevant mailing list. Every day there were
posts complaining of mood-swings, nervous problems, anxiety attacks etc.,
all of which were ascribed to  hypoglycaemia, and often asking what drugs
or treatments etc. might relieve them. My own view is that though CD or
hypoglycaemia  may trigger these things, they are probably not their
original cause.

Jeff in Sussex UK