From:
Elizabeth Orr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:01:20 EST

I noticed while searching the archives that people had had problems finding a
gf product to take for tests involving a barium swallow, so I wanted to share
the following info:
The barium sulfate to be used in my test is made by Lafayette
Pharmaceuticals...I just spoke with them and was told that their barium
sulfate does contain a small amt. of malitol,  which may contain a trace
amount of gluten...but is well below the amt allowed to be declared gf.  This
product does contain gluten from corn, if any of you have that problem.
I also checked on the effervescent granules (Sparkles) that they will be
using also for my test.  They are made by the same company and are definitely
gf.
Elizabeth
Lago Vista, TX