From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:15:48 -0800

Bread:

On the subject of bread, I just tried Bob's Red Mill's Gluten-free bread
mix.  I normally use Sylvan Border Farm's bread mix.  I was very pleased
with Bob's Red Mill's.  It was soft and firm at the same time.  Usually
my gf breads get moist after one night (not refrigerated), but I left a
bun in a Tupperware contianer overnight and it had no extra moisture at
all.  I also enjoyed the taste.  So, just a note, you may want to try
it.  It also made about 2-3 buns more than Sylvan Border Farms.  Note:
I will still buy Sylvan, but now will have variety.

Ikea Dessert:

I know someone had mentioned Ikea having a gluten-free dessert.  I
couldn't believe it.  I finally made my way down to Ikea and made a
point to look in the food section.  There were two frozen treats.  One
was made by Almondy and I can't recall the name of the dessert.  It was
chocolate covered with an almost crust and it had chunks of toffee
pieces and almonds.  OH MY GOSH!!   I, like many other people, had a New
Year's resolution to shed some pounds.  That cake/torte is giving me a
hard time.  It's supposed to be my son's, but I can't keep my fork out
of it.  My son is the one with celiac in our family and he loves it.  I
also bought the other treat, which is made by The Almond Baker and it's
called a Swiss Almond Torte.  I haven't tried it, so can't attest to it.
 They both said gluten-free on the package and also no perservatives.
It is definitely something I'd take to dinner with friends, which would
make my son ecstatic.

Bon Apetite!!!!!

Sidona