From:
Marty Carollo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 21:39:23 -0700

Dear Southern California Listmates,

We are travelling to Southern California in a couple of weeks and need
some information about places to eat that are celiac-kid-friendly (our
celiacs are ages 5 and 3).  Additionally, any information about
specialty stores (especially near San Juan Capistrano) where we could
purchase gfcf items would also be appreciated.  We will be in the
following places:

1.  San Juan Capistrano-- we will be staying in a house here all week,
and using this as our "home-base."

2.  Disneyland (I've already checked the archives on this, and pretty
much know how to call and make arrangements ahead.  Tips are still
appreciated, though.)

3.  San Diego (Zoo and Sea World)-- we really need a restaurant for
dinner here, anywhere from downtown to La Jolla.  It would be nice if it
were conducive to both visiting with friends and keeping kids
entertained, but I'm not sure such a place exsists!  Lunch ideas are
also welcome.

4.  Bakersfield-- again, I'm interested in a restaurant for dinner, this
one can be geared more for kids.

I checked the archives and found a bit of info on San Diego, but most of
it is a couple years old.  There is no information on San Juan
Capistrano and Bakersfield.  I'd love to hear from any locals about your
favorite places and what you have safely ordered.

I will summarize, but can't promise that it will be before my trip!

Thanks so much in advance.

Laurie  (who is travelling from Wyoming and is about to be very
overwhelmed by all the shopping!)