From:
Connie Maltin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Maltin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:21:49 -0400

My GI doctor just had me get a new probiotic.  It is OTC but you have
to ask for it from the pharmacy as they keep it in the refrigerated
section, and your doctor must recommend it.   The name is VSL #3.  It
comes in single serving packets and you mix with cold water or cold
juice, so as not to kill the live cultures.  It is a little
expensive, and I was going out of town, so I started with only one
packet a day so see how I reacted while traveling.  Now I am back
home and just started taking 2 a day for the last 3 days, and it
seems to be helping alot.  Mornings stuck in the bathroom are getting
much shorter!!!  I would recommend talking to your doctor about this
all natural product if you are looking for a good probiotic.