From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 21:10:19 -0400

For questions or comments, please reply directly to the orginal postser
instead of me at [log in to unmask]

The orginal question was:

I've been diagnosed with it as a result of dental surgery.  I recently
read an article that says there's a connection between TN and celiac
disease.  Have any of you been diagnosed with it and how was it treated?

There is also another connection that has nothing to do with Celiac. My
daughter, Linda, a registered nurse, was diagnosed with TN years ago. I
persuaded her to go to my chiropractor because my neighbor had found
relief from her TN while on a vacation back to her birthplace in
Georgia. A chiropractor there had treated Ruby and she was much better.

Linda went & after treatments, was completely cured. This was over 20
years ago & she hasn't had any problem in that area since. Basically,
the problem is the hinge joint of the jaw. Often during dental surgery
or dental work, this joint is dislocated. The medical doctors don't know
how to adjust the joint so it will go back into place.

Remember, tri means three, neuro means nerve, hence the name trigeminal
neuralgia. The definition of trigeminal in Webster's College Dictionary
is: designating or of either of the fifth pair of cranial nerves, each
of which divides into three branches supplying the head & face. (noun
definition) a trigeminal nerve

Definition of Trigeminal Neuralgia: a disorder of unknown cause,
characterized by severely painful paroxysms along one or more branches
of a trigeminal nerve.
++++++++++++

Actually, I did have a lower tooth that wasn't infected nor had a
cavity. I went to the dentist and he found nothing wrong. I went to an
elderly dentist who used the little hook thing to test the tooth and it
practically exploded. He took the tooth out and if I remember correctly,
the pain began to lessen. But the lack of B vit. was a factor and I got
completely well when I started taking Super B Complex, which I have
taken pretty much ever since 1976 or 1977 because of that problem.
++++

Yes, I was diagnosed with the atypical kind -- instead of facial
sensitivity, I would get beyond-migraine-level headaches that would last
for months at a time. Thankfully, they are almost nonexistent now that
I'm off gluten!
++++

Hi I have had it after having my teeth cleaned at the periodontist
office. I now have them done at the regular dentist the regular way
without machines. He is very careful on that side. My neuro doctor has
me on celebrex 150 3x a week just to keep the swelling down. That is
also the side of my face that I have had shingles on quite a few times.
The pain from TN is not fun but the celebrex seems to keep it at bay in
fact I was wondering if I could decrease it but I do also have arthitis
and it keeps that good also. So why rock the boat I will have to think
about it. This happened quite a few years ago. I had celiac already. I
still till this day try to eat on the other side especially if it is
chopmeat or eggs or soft food. For some reason that type of food really
triggered it more than something harder. Good Luck if you have any
questions just write me.
+++++

I can somewhat sympathize. Mine hurt so bad I told my husband I wanted
to lie down in front of a tractor trailer truck just so I could quit
hurting. You poor thing. Most nerve pain is very difficult, but
sometimes clears up, so don't give up hope. After breast cancer surgery,
I had tons of scarring. That was affecting the nerves up to the upper
center of my back and down my arm to the fingers. I had surgery to
remove the scarring and the pain went away. I could hardly do any work
because of the pain. I'm not sure in the trigeminal problem can be
inflammation. It may be worth a try to go on the anti-inflammation diet.
The website is www.deflame.com.
++++

Hi, I had a bout of it back in the late 70's long before being GF. I
believe taking B vitamins helped. It was very, very painful for several
weeks.
+++++

Hi there: I was also diagnosed with TN as a result of dental surgery. I
saw an acupuncturist a few times, and it helped enormously. The only
time it flares, now, is when I see the dentist and have my mouth open
wide for a procedure. Then a few visits to the acupuncturist calms it
right down.

*******
*******