From:
Tracie & Tim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracie & Tim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:05:45 -0600

Hello,
  I had some questions regarding DH.
  1.  How reliable and accurate is the immunoflorescent skin biopsy?  I had a positive one but negative blood tests.  My intestinal damage was minimal ie..increased intraepithelial lymphocytes.  I am wondering if my diagnosis is definitive.

2.  Are there any women with DH out there who get a bad flare up of the rash right before their menstrual periods?  I struggle with this despite a strict gluten free diet for a year.

3.  I have heard that iodine and certain cleaners can flare DH.  Do you find this to be the case.  What cleaners in particular do you avoid?

Thanks so much.  I will summarize