From:
Lori Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:38:42 EST

  This was my orginal post:
I had a blood test done for IGE antibodies & the results came back postive,
not sure of the numbers will get those when I go back on Monday. This was done
by a Dr at Vanderbilt. He wants me to go on the Gluten free diet because of
symtoms & because of results of the other blood test.

  I am really confused because Gastro ruled out Celiac 8 months ago because
of biopsy & said that the anti-gliadian shows up because of other things!!
  Is it possible to be postive on anti-gliadian & neg on TTG & biopsy (3
samples taken) & still be Celiac??
  What are IGE antibodies??

    thanks in advance for any help
Lori

  When I went back to the Dr. on Nov. 29th, he told me that the IGE was
slightly elevated & with the results from the other test (celiac panel) he thought
that it was enough to put me on a GF diet. I actually took alot of the
to run the panel again.
  I received the results back today.  antigliadin IGG & IGA were both high,
one was like 150 & the other was 90 something (cant remember which was which),
TTG was at 55, reticulin (hope I spelled this right) was neg. He said that he
consulted with the gastro that had ruled out celiac & they have decided to dx
me with celiac.
  I asked about having the biopsy done again & he said that the gastro said
that with the TTG coming back postive that it was enough & that I would not
need it. That it was a good indicator of damage being done because the last test
was neg.    Is this true? I could really care less about having the biopsy
done again! I have been poked & prodded so much over the last 15 mths that I
really don't want anymore test!! Is it really necessary?
Thanks in advance (again)
Lori