From:
Betsey Carus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:56:47 -0500

http://www.oatmatzots.com has a discussion about oat matzah including an
lab analysis of the oats which states that there is NO gluten in this
matzah. Based on previous conversations I have had with Rabbi Kestenbaum
I found out that in the past he look for a strain of oats with the
lowest gluten content. One day he saw a field of oats that looked
different and was told it was not a commercially desirable strain
because it had too much nonusable parts (I am not a farmer and don't
remember the correct term). He had it tested and the results are now
posted on the above website. This is what he is now using to make the
oat matzahs.

I was finally able to reach Rabbi Kestenbaum in England regarding this
years sources of oat matzah. Outside US and Canada please contact him
you will have to pay air or courier to receive it this year. Keep the
following phone number and contact him after Hannuka (at least 2-3
months prior to Passover) to ensure you can receive the matzah by
ordinary airmail (he has found that the 10 days he is told by the Postal
Service in England for a package to get to Australia can actually take
up to 2 months).Rabbi Kestenbaum can be reached at
[log in to unmask] or 44-208-455-9476 or Fax 444-208-455-
3212. At this point I would send a message AND call leaving a message--
he does return his phone calls.

As previously stated oat matzah can be ordered from
http://www.koshersupermarket.com (phone orders--1-888-42kosher or fax
orders 732-942-9001). They can mail world-wide however they cannot
guarantee that it will arrive overseas prior to Pesach unless you pay
for special shipping (and that may not work based on my conversations
with Rabbi Kestenbaum). If you want matzah for after Passover they can
send that the normal method.

There is no distribution setup in other countries except England,
Israel, Canada (Toronto) and the US.

US locations:

Boston
Chicago--Hungarian in Skokie, IL
Philadelphia
Monsey, NY
Los Angelas--Western Kosher 213-655-8870 (but they don't carry alot)
Passaic, NJ
Lakewood, NJ
West Chester
Brooklyn
Manhatten--in Whole Foods located in either Soho (212-982-1000) or
Uptown(212-874-4000) (one is apparently closed)
Baltimore--Karen Beleck in Baltimore is importing it.  You must call her
   first (410/358-9580) because she only accepts checks and will need your
   address for shipping; she has a limited amount.  Her address is 3505
   Pinkney Rd, Baltimore MD 21215.

If you need more information of where to go at the above locations
please contact Rabbi Yaakov Miller at 732-364-7113, Fax  732-364-9872.

I am sorry for the delay but could not reach Rabbi Kestenbaum and found
out he was actually in the US for his grandson's wedding until last
night.

Betsey Carus
Baltimore, MD