From:
Kathleen Estes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:00:11 EST

This is a very dangerous drug:
http://www.adrugrecall.com/news/fosamax-danger.html

I took it slightly over 5 years and it did help but this past summer I
began having a cracking jaw and decided to stop. Not sure if it was a
good decision or not. I am glad that I took it however but believe that
the celiac doctors who say not to take it over 5 years may very well be
right.

I took Fosamax for awhile, but I had more acid and GERD.
Then I took Actonel weekly for 16 months. It helped my
bone density, but I developed severe reactions to it by the end of 16 months.

Now, I am using Miacalcin nasal spray. I like it better.
No digestive problems from that.

I take it weekly.   Have been for several yrs.

ave been taking Fosamax for several months and have had no problems with it.
Just need to remember to get up early enough to be able to wait the half hour
before eating. My spine and I have become walking partners (can't count on any
human beings to show up every morning) and share a mile walk every day that
we can. (tooooo cold today!!). Fosamax won't take care of everything. I do not
want to roll over in bed and break my spine. Don't want that to happen to yuo,
either.

I am not taking fosamax, but I work for a dentist and I thought I would share
this with you.   We have seen several elderly patients who are taking this
drug lately and were in need of a tooth extraction.   Apparently there are a
certain group of osteoporosis drugs in this group that put a person at risk for
an infection in the bone following the extraction of a tooth.   One of these
patients was just in today, and the dentist referred her to the oral surgeon
instead of pulling the tooth himself.   It's just something to think about (as if
we don't all have enough to think about already).   You may ask your doctor
if there is a different group of drugs that you could consider.   I think the
information about the bone infections is fairly new, so your doctor may not be
aware of this yet.

 Yes, I improved.   My bone scan is fine every year and have not had to get
back on any bone therapy drugs.   I do take 2000 mg of calcium +D and magnesium
every day and eat lots of salmon and broccoli (both high in calcium).

I would google Fosomax side effects and complaints.