From:
The Cossalters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 16:16:50 +1000

Hi, just drawing on the wealth of experience out there.

I was wondering whether anybody knows of any relationship between CD and
anorexia.

My niece is under treatment for anorexia, and has been for over a year.
When she had her most recent blood tests she asked them to look for the
coeliac indicators - these came back positive.  Her mum (my identical twin
sister), recently had blood tests come back with positive  indicators, which
was why she requested this.  There is no history of CD in my family, and
they only requested these tests following my recent diagnosis.

I've never heard of any connection between the two, and anorexia is a
psychological condition where CD is not.  I'd be surprised to hear that
there was any connection, but we're curious.

Thanks
Jean (Australia)

PS - Anyone know where the variation in the spelling of Coeliac/Celiac comes
from?  More idle curiosity.