From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:55:28 -0500

MY ORIGINAL QUESTION:  Can anyone please recommend a good neurologist in
the Cinci area (or at the Cleveland Clinic) who knows about CD?

+++++++++++

DOCTOR'S NAMES:  I didn't get any recommendations for neurologists who
know about CD in either Cincinnati or at the Cleveland Clinic.  One
person emailed me that such an unusual individual does not exist.  Her
comment: "As an RN who works daily Cincinnati w/ the doctors I think it
will be hard to find any MD who is as aware of CD as she is."  I find
that difficult to believe, but perhaps it is the case.

I did get recommendations for several neurologists/neurosurgeons in the
Cinci area, none from the Cleveland Clinic.  Interestingly, both
respondents are RNs in the Cinci area.

I am still interested in names of other good neurologists or
neuro-surgeons in Cinci or at the Cleveland Clinic, especially if they
know about CD.

Names of recommended Neurologist/Neurosurgeon:
TEW John M Jr MD  (Neurosurgeon)
222 Piedmont Avenue Suite 3100
Cincinnati, OH  45219
Appointment:  513-569-5222
Other Inquiries:  513-221-1100
Excerpt:  "Right now she needs just a good Neurosurgeon like John Tew.,
Shahbabiam(sp) -below- or someone who can tell her about this tumor."

Shahbabian Set Dr (Neurosurgeon)
3285 Westbourne Drive
Cincinnati, OH  45248
513-922-4810

Rajan Vijay R (Neurologist)
759 Wessel Dr
FAIRFIELD, OH 45014
513-829-5400
Excerpt:  "I am a RN at a local Fairfield Ohio  hospital just North of
Cincinnati about 25 minutes.   I know of a good Neurologist, Dr. Vijay
Rajan  I have known him for many years and he is very knowledgeable.
Always up on the latest and greatest.  I am not sure if he has a great
knowledge of CD but I believe that he would be interested in learning
more."

ADDITIONAL ADVICE:
"I would recommend going to Cleveland Clinic  for a second opinion

But the Cd part is not important right now unless she is given
medication. but she can research those herself.  The MD will not be able
to tell her if they are GF or not. The important thing is to be sure to
remain GF.  She is just another patient to the MD who has an "allergy"
and he is there to treat his neuro part--not the allergy."

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore